See and Do in Wallace County
The highest point in Kansas.
Mt. Sunflower sits in a typical western Kansas pasture. During the summer months, the yucca plant blooms with all its glory and many types of Kansas wildflowers dot the native buffalo grass. The smell of sagebrush assures you that you are indeed in Western Kansas.
Fort Wallace Museum
"The fintin'est Fort in the West"
- Modern main museum and rest facilities
- Floris Weiser Gallery featuring origianl Fort-era artifacts illustrated by Jerry Thomas
- Oldest Building in Wester Kansas - the original 1865 Pond Creek Stagecoach Station
- Sunderland-Poe exhibit building with Conestoga Wagons, Check Wagons and Firetrucks
- History Fort Wallace Cemetery
- An essential visit on the Western Vistas Historic Byway
Looking for a place to eat?
Check out our local restaurants.
The Farmhouse Restaurant
Towns End Tavern
Fort Wallace Rodeo
Join Mt. Sunflower Bed and Breakfast for your lodging needs on Memorial Day weekend. Then stop by the Wallace Rodeo for
Broncs, Barrels, and Bulls.
Wallace County Fair
The Wallace County Fair is a must see attraction. Starting the last Thursday in July join us for three days of fun for the whole family.